Most people feel anxious, stressed or low at some point in their lives but often try to struggle through on their own. I understand how daunting it can be to seek professional advice but I have successfully helped many people with a wide variety of problems.
I am an experienced and fully qualified counsellor/psychotherapist who is used to working with men and women of all ages, backgrounds, cultures as a result of my work in the NHS. I have years of experience working in a number of busy London GP surgeries as well as running my own private practice. Prior to becoming a counsellor, I supported parents whose babies died of cot death after my own experience of losing my son. I am a trained Christian counsellor.
No problem is too big or too small. I have helped people with issues including:
- Workplace Bullying/Stress
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Problems/Loss/Bereavement
- Trauma and Abuse
- Chronic Illness and Pain
- Infertility, Miscarriage, Stillbirths, Cot Death
- Alcohol Abuse/Addiction/Eating Disorders
I provide attentive listening without judgement in a safe and confidential manner. Clients often tell me they have never really been understood before or that they don’t want to burden their friends and families. My initial aim will be to help you clarify what is troubling you and to agree on your counselling goals, e.g. how would you like things to be different? I work both short term ( 6 sessions or less) as well as long term depending on your needs. I offer online as well as face to face sessions.
I will treat you as an individual and will work with you in a collaborative manner which addresses your unique personality and needs. I don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach but will draw on a variety of psychological therapies and techniques to help someone understand their responses to experiences and find ways of managing them. I conduct frequent reviews to check out how we are doing, what is helpful, unhelpful etc. because the quality of the relationship between the therapist and client is the most important factor for a successful outcome. I will treat you with respect and compassion and adhere to the ethical guidelines of the BACP and ACTO.
- Masters in Integrative Counselling - University of Roehampton (Advanced training in Person-centred, Psychodynamic, Systemic & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Certificate of Christian Counselling - Waverley Abbey College
- @ACADEMY FOR ONLINE Counselling & Psychotherapy - In training for Certificate
Professional Body Memberships
- BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) Registered Member 764662
- ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online) Student Membership
Sessions: 50 minutes
Fees: Daytime sessions £70 and evening sessions £80 Free initial 30 minute telephone consultation.